Building my First Tech Startup Part 2 — Wullap Inc…(Nigerian Success Story)
Hello again, It’s great to see you back here again… In the Part 1 of this publication I mentioned that I was going to discuss about the Following:
How to get funding for your business; Setting up your business Vision and insight; True definition of success.
Grab a seat and take notes…
Before someone or an organization would feel motivated into investing their money or service into your business, you must first have blown their minds with a well drafted business plan. Mind you investors are very much interested in ‘How your business make money’, they want to know that your business would generate continual rising revenue.
HOW TO GET FUNDING FOR YOUR BUSINESS
- FAMILY — now I do get the question ‘what if I don’t have any family member?’, well generally the word family could mean more than biological relations. A mentor or coach could be a family. In this case I’m addressing family in all and any category you can place them. Now before getting funds from family and close relatives,you must first have won their trust! If I should be in a position to Fund a family member I must have to first see discipline and diligence towards achieving success. Put in mind no family member is obligated to helping you start up your business. If any does, it is because they trust in your ability to deliver outstanding results. So don’t go about bad-mouthing family and close relations that didn’t invest in your business, they didn’t probably because your idea was ‘shitty’ or not just a solid.
- Friends & well-wishers — well if you’re the type of person that is able to keep friends, moreover to have well wishers, then you should be happy, all that’s required of you is to be able to explain your business idea and model to them, using the intent of asking for funding. Mind you they’re not dashing you this funds they’re investing in you, thus they require returns in exchange.
- ??Banks & Loans ?? — Hell no! Do not start up your business from getting loans from banks or borrowing capital. That’s a more sure way of failing at your best. Basically I’ll appeal to your sense of spiritual maturity and tell you, capital is not what you require to start up a striving successful business. I for example didn’t get started after I got funded, I just started, from what I could place my hands on, I had a laptop, I went to school, I learnt how to program, I have friends to support in programming also. I made quite some money building websites and mobile applications for smaller businesses. The very first Android Mobile app I made, I was paid 30,000 naira for it.
- Grants and Angel Investors — A grant can be a certain amount of money given out by government or organizations for a particular purpose, most times or ever they don’t require a payback of any sort. It’s free! Whereas an angel investor is a successful individual who’s looking to invest his money into a striving business. An angel investor could be you flight ticket to scaling up your business.
- Capital Venture — VCs are firms set up for the purpose of funding startups and businesses. Put an eye out for any VC.
- Faith — ‘holup’ I bet someone just raised an eyebrow and mourned faith?? Yes i said faith, basically faith is what you need to get started. You know that stuff you call ‘RISK’ most a-times it’s interchanged for faith. if you’ve got guts to risk it. then just use faith. Faith is defined as the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1). The least you could do is have Faith in yourself and your business.
Also Mind your business and grow it, examine your competitors and do better than them.
HERE IS WHAT SUCCESS SHOULD MEAN TO YOU HENCEFORTH
success — is looking for human needs and meeting it; leaving your world better than you met it; when you get people to aspire to your aspirations.
WHAT IS YOUR VISION & WHAT MOTIVATES YOU
A vision statement is an inspirational statement of an idealistic emotional future of a company or group.
look for your motivation and be lord over it.
In the part 1 of this publication, i said I would explain in a summary a little secret I learnt, I used and I’m using. It’s works every single time. ‘insight into reality’ — here’s a story that best illustrates this concept of creating a successful business from vision and insight.
“Then Jacob took fresh rods of poplar and almond and plane trees, and peeled white stripes in them, exposing the white which was in the rods. And he set the rods which he had peeled in front of the flocks in the gutters, even in the watering troughs, where the flocks came to drink; and they mated when they came to drink. So the flocks mated by the rods, and the flocks brought forth striped, speckled, and spotted. And Jacob separated the lambs, and made the flocks face toward the striped and all the black in the flock of Laban; and he put his own herds apart, and did not put them with Laban’s flock. Moreover, it came about whenever the stronger of the flock were mating, that Jacob would place the rods in the sight of the flock in the gutters, so that they might mate by the rods, but when the flock was feeble, he did not put them in; so the feebler were Laban’s and the stronger Jacob’s. So the man became exceedingly prosperous, and had large flocks and female and male servants and camels and donkeys (Genesis 30:37–43).
The first method Jacob used (verses 37–39) was peeled poles, which were supposed to have some kind of prenatal influence on the flocks. Jacob supposed that if the flocks had a visual impression of stripes while they were mating and conceiving, the offspring would assume this same form. So all about the trenches, which served as watering troughs, Jacob placed these peeled poles; and every appearance would incline him to believe that his scheme was working, for the resulting offspring were striped, speckled, or spotted (verse 39)”.
Jacob used the principle of vision here, when the flocks would mate, when they went to drink they would sight the stripped and marked rods in the gutters of the basin and then they gave birth to striped and spotted offspring.. the secrete is in the vision. What can you see? When you become to visualize your business and see its progress in your imaginative minds then it starts creating itself in the physical world.
Selah, I’ll let this sink in, meditate on it and start visualizing your business. On my next publication I’ll write about “HOW I JUST GOT STARTED WITH WULLAP INC”
Hope you had a great read, see you next time.